- 1 x Farmison & Co Carvery Leg of Lamb
- 2-3 onions
- 2-3 carrots
- Celery (or root)
- Bay leaf
- Sprig of thyme
- A few black peppercorns
This lamb Christmas dinner makes for a delicious alternative to the traditional turkey, a slow roasted and tender centrepiece to your Christmas table.
- Remove your lamb joint from the packaging, pat dry and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 210c for fan assisted or 230c for ovens without a fan (gas 8).
- Choose a large, heavy based roasting tray, ideally with handles for easy movement.
- Season with good quality fine sea salt just prior to cooking. Make a trivet by roughly chopping equal amounts of onion, carrot and celery (or our preferred choice of celeriac, the root of the celery), plus a bay leaf, sprig of rosemary and a few black peppercorns.
- Place the joint fat side up onto the trivet which should line the base of the tray.
- Place in the centre of the oven and roast for 25 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 160c or 170c without a fan (gas 4).
- Continue roasting for 15 minutes per 500g reaching a core temperature of 54c before resting. Remove from the oven, put onto a clean tray and keep warm by covering with a sheet of foil. Rest for a minimum of 20 minutes before carving, leaving the roasted vegetables in the tray for the gravy.
Serve with herb roasted roots and braised red cabbage.